Tuesday, February 19, 2013

172 Hours on the Moon

by Johan Harstad

Summary:
In an effort to get people excited about space again, NASA holds a contest to send 3 teenagers to the moon for a week (along with an experienced crew of course). When Mia, Antoine, and Midori are selected from millions of teenagers across the world they are thrilled to go. But the moon hides some dark secrets, and what they find up there is something none of them expected.

Review:
I don't know what I was expecting when I picked up 172 Hours on the Moon, but I was pleasantly surprised by what I got. Harstad's book is full of suspense, but he writes it in a way that makes it fairly plausible.  The government conspiracy will intrigue any who like that sort of thing, and the book even has a little romance thrown in. I'll admit I was completely thrown by the ending, the book was nothing that I expected but is definitely going to be sticking in my memory for quite some time.

Genre: Science Fiction
Age Level: 8th Grade

No comments:

Post a Comment